Should I go from a Nissan Versa to a Subaru Crosstrek or Outback?

So I have a 2010 Nissan Versa, had it for 9 years now and I love it, it's been the most reliable car I've ever had no problems to this point. But it's old and beat up, I need a new car and I love the look of Subarus. I work at an Alfa Romeo dealership and these cars have spoiled me when it comes to... show more So I have a 2010 Nissan Versa, had it for 9 years now and I love it, it's been the most reliable car I've ever had no problems to this point. But it's old and beat up, I need a new car and I love the look of Subarus. I work at an Alfa Romeo dealership and these cars have spoiled me when it comes to speed and performance, I know that's not what you should be looking for when going for a Subaru but I still want to be able to have a little fun, even my versa is easy on the pedal and quick when I need it to be. I've heard Subarus are painfully slow and underpowered from various people including a former 8-year Subaru dealership mechanic, and that they aren't as reliable as they're cracked up to be. I need some actual research or personal experiences on how these vehicles actually drive, any help appreciated.