I really want this person should I tell him directly how I feel?

I have not told him that I like him directly, i'd say I was very nice and friendly and caring towards him and shown that to him by helping him with his job/ career search. I had my friend contact his friend on fb and then I told his friend how I really admire and adore him and I'm sure his friend told him... show more I have not told him that I like him directly, i'd say I was very nice and friendly and caring towards him and shown that to him by helping him with his job/ career search.
I had my friend contact his friend on fb and then I told his friend how I really admire and adore him and I'm sure his friend told him for me. He's single. My issue is that he doesn't know me. This is a crush. He's someone at an institution I attend. It's possible he does not know me when I thought he at least knows or saw me before. I do not run into him often or see him often. He did not reject me directly either since it wasn't done in person, he says he's single and not seeing anyone and says he might have a crush on someone else. But he's single. He last said a conversation would be nice if we bump into each other.

I'm debating if I should let it go or try giving it another chance? I don't want to hang onto false hope. I just really like him and have a chance, since he's single and we spoke a little bit.
I have always kept my conversation with him professional. He now knows I like him but I never said ' I really really like you'. All our conversations were online. None in person.
Update: @ Stoo, Yes, i agree. I love what you shared. He gave an ambiguous answer last time, he sounds like he is just keeping it as an option, but it seemed unclear to me. He last said he didn't want to deny me, he never said yes or no.
1 answer 1