Richard asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

Quite a few problems with a kitten. Worried. Please help.:(?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Prolapsed rectum. Nothing you can do but if the kitten is not seen by a vet, you may end up loosing it. Infection has set in now and it may be too late to save the kitten.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • J C
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Likely a prolapsed rectum (the vet tacks it back onto place - it's a minor surgery) - and/or something pressing on the spinal nerves if she has issues with her legs. Hereditary defect, or an injury (the leg issue). And she could still have parasites, as with kittens it often takes the second round. Hopefully you are getting/have gotten her in to the vet.

• ...Show all comments
    • RJ1 year agoReport

Never again am I dealing with kittens... All my females cats are being SPADED, at once... Lol.

• Lauren
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

This sounds like the kitten may have a large parasite burden and as it's already been stated, the rectum can prolapse when the kitten is straining to poop. She may be really weak and struggling to walk, maybe from blood loss due to parasites. Or if you found her outside, from some type of trauma that occurred. She really needs a vet now. Unfortunately there is nothing that anyone else can do for her but the vet. Kittens can pass away very quickly so she'll need help now.

• ...Show all comments
    • RJ1 year agoReport

But by the sound of your comment, I think it is... maybe? Not sure if the vet overlooked something or what... But hopefully they can do something tomorrow morning... I live in South Dakota, so we don't have the most experienced people here... Not like the bigger states.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

i would talk to your vet about it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

She has an unusually big anus... Seems to be sticking out. She is pooping light green and yellowish... She is also dragging her hind legs, can barely walk on them. I don't understand what is going on? Would take her to the vet, but all vets are closed atm... Was planning on taking her to the humane society and hoping they would deal with her, but sadly the humane society is also closed until tomorrow. :(

• ...Show all comments
    • RJ1 year agoReport

And third, maybe if assholes like yourself showed as much concern for third world countries, starving children, and these piece of **** politicians that add to human suffering the world would be a better place? Think about that for a while...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.