Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

Is it harmful for my mom to force my 16 year old sister to eat abnormally large amounts of food?

My sister is naturally skinny and my mother wants her to be as big and fit as her siblings - who are ALL boys, btw. We’re a family of 4 boys and 1 girl (her). She yells when my sister is too full to eat anymore. My mom says she literally looks like a stick and somebody might call CPS if they suspect child neglect. Her body is supposed to look different from a male body. Since she’s the only girl, my mom was always harder on her and paid more attention to her growing up. Note that our mother has body image issues too. She keeps commenting how fat she is, looking in the mirror, NOT eating and not making as much desserts as she used to. I guess she takes it out on my sister, who’s skinny and never gain much weight if she eats all she wants. A human body can only consume a certain amount of food, and she’s unrealistic by making her eat a large portion that cannot be finished

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. If this girl doesn't already have an eating disorder this is the perfect way to create one.

• 6 months ago

It's better not to force her!

• 6 months ago

Mom isn't forcing your sister to do anything, just encouraging her to eat more. Your sister is still making the decisions on how much. Don't believe me? Just ask her.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, it's child abuse. You can report the behavior to CPS. Your sister can report it. Anyone can report it. If CPS thinks it's a serious issue all of the children will be removed from the home and placed in foster care.

After that a Judge will decide.

What type of physical force does your mother use?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

it rnight be, i would go talk to sorneone in cps about it and see what they say

• 6 months ago

Yes, it is harmful to force someone to overeat. And it also will build up some emotional/psychological problems with food. Some people can eat a lot and not gain weight, but that doesn't mean they need to. I think your mother may have some issues with eating and this is an unpleasant situation. Don't you have relatives, like an aunt or grandmother, that your sister can turn to? I think your sister should ask someone at school for some help..I have to admire you for speaking up for your sister, good job!

• 6 months ago

my mom does the same to me no it's not normal

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes.

And I wouldn't worry.

Sisters got 2 years before she reaches adulthood.

By then, she can move out... if she plans it right now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.