Is it a good idea to bring my dog with me to college?

I live alone off campus. i feel so lonely and i miss my dog. my dog has been my best friend growing up and helped me with my depression.. My parents do not really like dogs so they just let a close friend take of our dog and it makes me so sad.. she is old.. i want to spend as much time as possible but it just... show more I live alone off campus. i feel so lonely and i miss my dog. my dog has been my best friend growing up and helped me with my depression..

My parents do not really like dogs so they just let a close friend take of our dog and it makes me so sad.. she is old.. i want to spend as much time as possible but it just really makes me sad she is laying around and doing nothing at home.. if she came here with me we can go to outdoor cafes, restaraunts, parks... i live in nyc.. there is so many things to do.. but my parents tell me i am too busy, the dog will be stressed, i will be stressed.. etc.. but i really want to convince them somehow to let her live with me because i can give her the best time before she is gone you know..she is a chiahuahua so she is the perfect size for my small apartment.. and my depression has been getting worse lately because of loneliness but my parents do not really seem to understand my mental health.. ive been seeing a therapist and everything but my parents dont know.. i stay home all day everyday and classes are max 3 hrs long and i will only have 1 class 4 times a week.. and i feel like having her here will help me be more active and go out more.. i wish my parents can understand how i feel right now and that i need someone to be with me all day..
Update: and because my dog went to different homes so much it seems like she can settle in pretty well.. i am so confident i cant take care of her because i took care of few of my roommates dogs back when i lived with roommates.. i felt so much happier and was so much more productive..
Update 2: and i cant explain like people say i should focus on school.. but its hard to focus on school when you deal with lonliness and feel so depressed all the time? i think it is impossible to focus on school work 24/7 and you need to do something that makes you happy in order to help you stay productive...
Update 3: and i asked this question a few times but people always mention something about trolls and idk what troll means and im being serious..