At age 16, am I able to be emancipated?

for those who are wondering how i have come to this decision, please read the paragraph below. i have had a rough past with my family, unfortunately suffering because of their own mistakes and issues. my mother, who will always make irresponsible decisions, yet has motherly love. a father who lacks understanding... show more for those who are wondering how i have come to this decision, please read the paragraph below.

i have had a rough past with my family, unfortunately suffering because of their own mistakes and issues.
my mother, who will always make irresponsible decisions, yet has motherly love. a father who lacks understanding and communication, yet responsible. i have come to a conclusion that living with either has its flaws or perks. my mother, having issues with letting people over. my father, he does not understand how to raise a daughter. many arguments/situations often end with me suffering somehow, even if it were to be just speaking up about something. he has no respect for me.

for 3 years i have been able to live with my mother for a year, then my father, then my mother. i was asked by a family member if i could be her roommate. ill be 16 and she'll be 18, therefore the tenancy will be in her name. my mother, who has full custody, is entirely fine with allowing this. i will have a steady job 7 months prior, using that money to get a car. my grades are all A's and B's. yet, my father refuses to allow me. he has never been married to my mother and his name is not on my birth certificate. however, that's where the going back and forth between him and my mother has a say. even despite it only being permission to live with my father, and no court documentation that it is a joint custody, does that mean he still has a say? my father will be living 1000 miles away from me, always has.