Don't know if I should attend holiday cookout tomorrow, please advise?

My neighbor invited me to a Memorial Day cookout tomorrow. The problem is his son is coming, and he has a big dog who bit me last year, I went to Urgent Care, got a tetanus shot, and they forced me to report it. The local authorities called me and I answers all their questions about the incident and they told me if... show more My neighbor invited me to a Memorial Day cookout tomorrow. The problem is his son is coming, and he has a big dog who bit me last year, I went to Urgent Care, got a tetanus shot, and they forced me to report it. The local authorities called me and I answers all their questions about the incident and they told me if the dog bites again the owner can be charged with a misdemeanor and go to jail. I told my Mom it's best with both don't go to the cookout because we shouldn't be involved if the dog bites one of us and his son is charged and arrested. In other words, we don't want to be the ones who would cause his son legal problems. My state has a one bite law.
Update: The state is NY, anyone interested can Google "one bite law" NY, it's complicated to the explain here.
Update 2: Dog was sitting on grass, I stood next to him and he bit me on leg, he was a German Shepherd puppy. It cost me $50 for Urgent Care, I never asked to be reimbursed for medical costs. I was forced to report it to get the tetanus shot.