Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 year ago

If my question is anonymous and I comment on an answer on that question, will they know it’s me who asked the question?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

Your comment will show your name, but whether people will know you were the asker depends on what you say. It is usually obvious. For example, if the answer indicated to answer, the state was needed and you commented Maryland, people can figure out you were the asker. To say anon, add updates, don't comment.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

They won't know it's you who asked the question UNLESS you respond in a way that makes it clear you are the question asker. Also, if there are no Anon answers, it may be easy to assume the user who left a comment but didn't post an answer, is likely the question asker.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If you Comment on a Answer your Name will be Given out and its Possible they may know it was you

There is no way to Comment under Anonymous you can only Ask and Answer under Anonymous

• 1 year ago

Yes even though you hide your User ID if you comment on an answer that User ID will be shown.

Why people like you feel the need to hide their ID and keep their Q&As hidden is beyond me.

They MUST have something to hide.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

yes it does on your comment

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Probably. I doubt you are smart enough to comment in a way that will not show that you posted the question.

• 1 year ago

Hiding behind anonymous will however limit the amount of replies you get and usually lets users know that you're possibly a troll or someone basically asking complete rubbish.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

comments aren't anonymous .

• emma
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

Yes, your name will show up.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Comments cannot be made anonymous.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.