How do you come to terms with infertility (secondary infertility)?

I am a post-menopausal, disabled woman. I have one adult child, and tried until menopause to have more. I am so thankful for the experience of raising my child, and the happy memories I have. But I have struggled to accept that I will never have more children, and at this point, would be unable to care for a... show more I am a post-menopausal, disabled woman. I have one adult child, and tried until menopause to have more. I am so thankful for the experience of raising my child, and the happy memories I have. But I have struggled to accept that I will never have more children, and at this point, would be unable to care for a child anyhow. It is looking like I may never have the opportunity to be a grandmother either, as they are entering year 3 of trying to conceive without success. Their dr. says there are no obvious reasons why they are having trouble, and with their insurance, that is probably the only answer they will get. I tell myself it is foolish to waste the life I have been given mourning over something impossible to change. But I just can't seem to get past this. I feel like a good, symbolic letting go would be to donate or sell the tiny outfits, shoes, books and toys I have saved all these years. I could certainly use the money, and feel like it would be freeing to let these things go, but I cannot seem to make myself do it. If you have gone through this experience, did you find a way to move beyond the pain and longing?