Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 7 months ago

Which side do you take mine or my husband's ?

I'm a mom of 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl, I had a fight with my husband 2 days ago about the way we're raising our kids.

I know how to deal with my children when they're  being bad, i use different ways of punishment,[take away their toys, don't let them out, make them sit in a corner], and i keep the corporel punishment(very rare) when nothing works or they do something serious.

Well my husband thinks that we shouldn't in any circumstances spank our kids, he's saying that pulling a 7 years old boy pants and spank him is an invasion of his privacy, i mean i'am his mom there's nothing wrong with that. Am i wrong ?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

in my opinion you are wrong he is right, corporal punishment should never ever be used.

• 7 months ago

Neither side because you're trolling.

• 7 months ago

Keep the pants on during the spanking.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Pulling pants down, yeah it is. There's no need to take off his clothes to spank him. You're humiliating and emotionally abusing him. I don't think spanking him is a bad thing because my mom did spank us when we do something really bad and nothing else worked. But she never pulled down my pants. There's just no need to. My mom used a lot "La chancla" and we respected that mother ******* flip flop; and we also respected her. But I think pulling down the pants is very far. I am a victim indeed of rape, I'm a guy. I was raped by an older man and maybe you are making this kid feel similar. If things don't work out like a time out, allow your husband to step in. He is the father and has a right to choose how to raise his kids too, don't take away his authority to do so. Look for other alternatives. Everything works as long as is not violent or damaging.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Neither. You aren't a parent. Actual parents talk about these things before children are born or while they are in diapers, NOT AFTER THE THIRD CHILD.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Pulling their pants down is WRONG. A spanking should be ON TOP of the clothing.

But, it doesn't matter since troll children don't have feelings.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You are right. Your husband is wrong.

• J M
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You should never spank a child. If your kids are bad it is because you are not consistent in your parenting.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

i think you both have good points

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Why do you need to pull his pants down to spank him? You may be, you may not be but this sounds like a troll question.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.