Why do Western countries view Muslims as dangerous and violent?

It seems the leaders of Western countries (USA, UK, Australia) view Muslim immigrants as dangerous or violent and shouldn't migrate there.

Yes, a lot of attacks have been done by Muslims, but a lot of attacks have been done by citizens of their own Western countries - no one is more or less likely to be criminal because of their race.

I've known a few Muslims and they were pleasant and non-threatening. As far as I know, Muslims get a bad rep because of certain Muslims' involvement with 9/11 and the ISIS.

Believe me, other people of difference races have caused horrible crimes in history. Europeans have had a long, bloody history of war and violence and brutality. Muslims are singled out because their religion is from ancient times and may be viewed as backward.

Someone please explain to me why people don't like Muslims?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

The problem goes back to a dispute over who had spiritual authority over the Muslim community after the death of the prophet Muhammad in what is called the “fitna” which translates as temptation or trial and caused all the discord within Muslim community.

Shi’ite Muslims believe that authority was vested in his family; the Sunnis look to the sayings and actions of Muhammad as well as the Koran.

All the Muslim on Muslim violence is based on that split!

Over 550,000 Muslims have been slaughtered by Muslims in Syria alone with almost daily beheadings, burnings and other executions!

Isis and al Qaeda is turning Islam into a death cult that will be unacceptable in any civilised country. Whatever fighting may do it cannot save Islam from self destructing only the real Muslims can do that and there is little sign yet of Islam tackling the problem!

Now China is threatened with terrorist attacks in the name of Allah!

Sadly there is hardly a country in the world that has not experienced Muslim violence!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

I suppose it is because the Muslims who come to the USA, have been murdering US citizens and murdering their own daughters in honor killings. There was a Muslim couple who worked together in a office. They were expecting a baby. Their co-workers gave them a baby shower; afterwards the couple pulled out guns and murdered their co-workers, stating Americans are infidels. Many Muslim couples don't want their daughters to have American male friends. So they stab or run over them with vehicles to murder their daughters & their friends here in the USA. Why do the Muslims come to the USA since they think we are infidels?

• 1 year ago

Christians are being wiped out in Muslim countries. Muslims commit terrorist attacks in Christian countries.

Anyone who leave Islam, speaks against it or even draws a picture of Mohammed is in danger of being killed.

There is a christian woman from Pakistan who was gievn a death sentence for saying something negative in front of muslims, so they arrested her and gave her a death sentence for blasphemy. A judge overturned the conviction, but all the people in her village would have killed her if they had a chance. She was given asylum in Canada.

It is a dangerous and violent ideology that should not be allowed in civilised countries.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I've seen trenches FULL of dead women and children left after we pushed ISIS out of a town...............

Source(s): Retired Army SFC.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tantra
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

1500 years of dangerous and violent behavior lets check the facts

Slavery center of the world - Mid East MUSLIM

Terrorism center f the world - Mid East MUSLIM

Beheading center of the world - Mid East MUSLIMS

China's West border issue - MUSLIMS

Western world bombing issue - MUSLIMS

Even Buddhists have a violence problem - MUSLIMS

No part of the world is a Muslim not dangerous

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

OK, fair enough. Let's see. The symbol of Islam is two crossed swords. Mohamed told his followers to spread Islam by the sword. That's how it went out to world. Not by word, not by deed. Even today, radical Islam is at war - even with other believers.

• 1 year ago

Don't fret, as log as you do what Allah says, nobody gets hurt.

• 1 year ago

Non-Jihadist Muslims are not true Muslims. Their Qur'an states that jihad is the duty of every Muslim. What is curious about Muslims is that Muhammad's teachings tell them they are approved to lie and to deceive as long as Islam is furthered and spread. It is impossible therefore, to know the intents of peace-loving Muslims.

• 1 year ago

Violent Muslims should be the responsibility of the Muslim religion but they seem to have little interest in controlling the minority of radical zealots. Only one percent of Muslims are trying to kill or convert every Infidel in the world, but one percent is 16 million Muslims.

• 1 year ago

Because Muslims believe Allah will one day pour boiling liquid over me, make my skin and stomach melt, and set me on fire to burn forever.

Muslims also believe that Allah performs only morally good actions.

Therefore, Muslims believe it would be a morally good thing for boiling liquid to be poured over my head, for my skin and stomach to melt, and for me to be set on fire to burn forever.

What's not to love about them?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.