Why do Western countries view Muslims as dangerous and violent?

It seems the leaders of Western countries (USA, UK, Australia) view Muslim immigrants as dangerous or violent and shouldn't migrate there. Yes, a lot of attacks have been done by Muslims, but a lot of attacks have been done by citizens of their own Western countries - no one is more or less likely to be... show more It seems the leaders of Western countries (USA, UK, Australia) view Muslim immigrants as dangerous or violent and shouldn't migrate there.

Yes, a lot of attacks have been done by Muslims, but a lot of attacks have been done by citizens of their own Western countries - no one is more or less likely to be criminal because of their race.

I've known a few Muslims and they were pleasant and non-threatening. As far as I know, Muslims get a bad rep because of certain Muslims' involvement with 9/11 and the ISIS.

Believe me, other people of difference races have caused horrible crimes in history. Europeans have had a long, bloody history of war and violence and brutality. Muslims are singled out because their religion is from ancient times and may be viewed as backward.

Someone please explain to me why people don't like Muslims?