Gender Studies: What does this mean?

Yesterday I went shopping with my mother and bought few things, after that she went to another shop to buy something. I decided to wait outside for her because my hands were full of grocery bags and I felt tired so I waited outside for her. While I was waiting I saw a man and a woman (I asume were a couple) walking... show more Yesterday I went shopping with my mother and bought few things, after that she went to another shop to buy something. I decided to wait outside for her because my hands were full of grocery bags and I felt tired so I waited outside for her. While I was waiting I saw a man and a woman (I asume were a couple) walking towards my direction, I caught the man looking at me while the woman just looked in front of her not paying any attention. His stare made me a bit uncomfortable so I looked the other way, when I saw from the corner of my eye that they were passing me I turned my head again around. When I did that I freaked out, he was staring directly at me and even turned his head around while his wife walked beside him looking in front of her, she was closer to my side than he was. The creepy stare he gave me, turning his head around in front of his wife which she didnt notice, how weird. I was wondering why was he doing that? I’m only 24, he looked like he was at his late 30s or early 40s. At first I thought maybe he looked at me cause I looked perhaps suspicious to him like a shoplifter because I had two laundry detergents beside me on the ground cause they didnt fit in the grocery bags but then again I thought why would he care? Besides my bags were full so obviously I dont look like a thief. Could there be another reason why he looked creepy at me. He looked curious too, like he desperately wanted to see my face, very odd and creepy. Rude and disrespectul for his wife too.
7 answers 7