I’m feeling blue. It was my birthday yesterday. I didn’t get anything. ?

So, yesterday was my birthday. I turned 17. My parents didn’t say anything. My relatives who normally wish me a happy birthday didn’t. Before my dad went off to work, I reminded him that it was my birthday so he told me to buy a cake so we can all cut it later that evening. I went out and bought a cake. I waited... show more So, yesterday was my birthday. I turned 17. My parents didn’t say anything. My relatives who normally wish me a happy birthday didn’t. Before my dad went off to work, I reminded him that it was my birthday so he told me to buy a cake so we can all cut it later that evening. I went out and bought a cake. I waited until my parents came home, they were tired and went to sleep. I just sat for an hour staring off into space. I don’t know I just wanted that day to be special, instead it was far from it. Just felt ordinary. I went to sleep and today I cut my cake by myself. When my mom found out she said “you cut your cake without us?” I said “my birthday was yesterday. I waited. You guys went to sleep.” She then left for work. I don’t many friends. It was just sad. Usually my birthdays consist of cutting a cake. Sometimes I get gifts but it varies. I guess this year was one of those birthdays that I don’t receive a gift. I don’t know I just feel sad. How do I overcome this? And I know it happen again, but I get excited for my birthday and nothing happens. I should be used to this but I’m not. What do I do?