can these 14" tires still work on my truck?

93 s-10. im lookin for 14" tires n most of them r trailer tires. can i stil use them on my truck? i alredy ordered one from walmart but no wer on the site wer they labeled trailer tires. wen i got them i look on the side n it says "for trailer service only" wat kind of a....

• Jake

yes get them rotated

• L.N.

They would not be recommended for highway use. They'd give you a ride like a tank and are usually speed rated at 65 mph or so. They will fit the rims though and would be OK for a farm truck.

No, you can't use tires rated for trailers on the truck.

You CAN learn to READ the descriptions on the website. It DID state they were trailer tires. EVERY tire on the Walmart website lists a vehicle type in the specifications.

Update to comment: School isn't required. 5 minutes on the Walmart website PROVES my statement.

No. They are not rated for the kind of duty trucks see, and probably not the load range. You are looking for tires labeled LT - light truck.

• Phil M

I found many 14 inch tires that are not trailer tires on walmarts website.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=tir...

• ICU2

I wouldn't put them on my vehicle...they are not designed for a car or truck...you would get a stiff ride being they are designed to reduce sway (stiff side walls) and take a higher air pressure...there may also be a speed rating...like don't go over a certain speed...probably less than 70 mph...