You see a dog in a very distressed state locked-in a parked car on its own on the hottest day of the year. you reaction if any is..!?

• patty

find a brick or something to smash the window. call the cops.

I would call the cops. If they are close by and the dog hasn't been in there long, I wouldn't resort to breaking the window. However, if it will take the cops over 5-10 minutes to arrive, I would find something like a rock and try to break open the window. First I would try the door, but if it didn't work i would definitely break the window. I wouldn't worry about having to pay for the window, either. If you report animal cruelty and say you were just helping the dog, they won't make you pay.

CALL the police and STAY until the get there. In Indiana there is a law that says that in that situation you can break the window to help the dog as long as you stay until the police get there and you are not in trouble. PLEASE DO NOT ABANDON THE POOR CREATURE.

• SheilaK

I hope you NEVER get into this situation and do as you THINK you have read about my comment. I stated BREAK THE WINDOW, and PLEASE QUIT using God's name in vain, as this is very offensive to me.

Call international rescue.

• bubba

open the door of the car , chances are someone that dumb hasn't even locked the car

Call the police.

Get it out in any possible way obviously after calling the cops and explaining Who I am;Where I am ;and tell ::them what im about to do and why: Then regardlass of what they say seek entry to the car in the fastest way with minimal damage,

Notify authorities. Not only cruel, but illegal where I live. The but I was just gone a minute thing doesn't hold here, you broke the law and animal control impounds the dog.

Call 9-1-1

If the dog is panting, lying down like he's REALLY in trouble then I would break a window to get him out.

• mokrie

Break a window and get the dog out! Then call the police and report animal cruelty.