My ex and I are on a break and mutually agreed to try working it out again after a period of no contact.?

He fears engulfment but still loves and cares for me. Is it a good idea to go to therapy together after our separation? What can we do?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Tj
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Working it out again? Why bother? You can try therapy if that does not work, make the next break permanent.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • RP
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Maybe you should wait until your agreed upon period of separation ends. At that point, you can decide if you feel therapy is a likely option. To do it before, it may be premature.

• 1 year ago

He "fears engulfment". What does that mean?

Lv 7
    1 year ago

It's not a bad idea. If he fears "engulfment" then a therapist can help you two work out why he feels that way and what you can both do so it didn't happen.

Without working out the issued that caused the separation, getting back together will just mean a repeat of your relationship before the separation.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

No. You want a complete man not a project. What is wrong with us women that we will accept broken men. Leave him and find someone whole

• 1 year ago

Therapy or couples counseling can't hurt, so why not try it?

• BOBBER
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Any thing can help

• Billy
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

He fears engulfment ? Wheres his comitment at ?

Therapy ? Yes but therapy requires a good therapist, not all are. :)

Good luck.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.