Does my ex still have feelings for me or am i just a platonic friend in his eyes or is it his mental illness?

We were together off and on for about a year. He broke if off with me saying it was his mental illness (which i believe to be true he has serious ptsd and other really bad issues). Also, i was his only adult relationship and he is in his mid-30's. Anyway, we have been broken up for good it seems and we are... show more We were together off and on for about a year. He broke if off with me saying it was his mental illness (which i believe to be true he has serious ptsd and other really bad issues). Also, i was his only adult relationship and he is in his mid-30's. Anyway, we have been broken up for good it seems and we are still good friends. We broke up about 2- 3 months ago, and he calls me every day, he talks to me constantly and he always wants to be near me and hang out. HOWEVER, he also tells me about his other sexual encounters (he just goes to strip clubs only, he doesn't want any relationships). When we hang out now, he doesn't touch me or look at me sexually at all nor does he bring anything up at all about being sexually attracted to me and he never tries anything with me HOWEVER the entire time during our relationship i often wondered if he found me attractive since i am much older than he is and he even told me he is super picky.

So, is he wanting to be around me all the time because there is something still there or does he just like me a lot as a friend.

Btw, i should add that i did ask him a few weeks after our breakup if he still loved me and his response then was that due to his mental illness, he doesn't feel any emotions ....so he never really answered my question but rather said his mental illness was blocking him which could be true.

I am really perplexed on this since he always wants to be near me and stuff, just nothing sexual
1 answer 1