Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 year ago

Am I the only one who doesn't believe in time traveling and considers it as absurd as the flat Earth theory?

The past has passed. How could it still exist? H.G.Wells never thought people would be dumb enough to think his wonderful, FICTIONAL story could be real. The future DOES NOT exist yet. The past is over. Morons: snap out of it. Time travel is not, never was and never will be possible.

Yes, you are.

• goring

We all travel in time as we permeate the substance of space in a flat Universe

NO,I don't either.Pahaps if that were true then we'd get a time traveler from the past in todays world.Not happening.

You are not the only one. Steven Hawking agrees with you. That is why he proposed the Chronology Protection Conjecture. Einstein didn't think time travel to the past was possible. And I don't believe time travel well ever be possible. So many great minds agree with you.

As much as I want it to be true, I don't realistically believe it's at all possible. It seems absurd that you would be able to manipulate something that is not a physical thing but more of a theoretical thing

no, i dont believe in tirne travelling either

Oh, it's MUCH more absurd than a flat Earth.

My own feeling is that if time travel was to be invented in the future we'd be seeing people come back to this time to tell us about it. (But WTF do -I- know?)

We humans have been around for about a million years, as humans. It's only in the last 1% of that time that we've had agriculture, towns, roads, civilization. It's only in the last 300 years or so that we've even had SCIENCE. We've made just incredible advances in those 300 years.

Try going back just 100 years and try to explain microprocessors to even the top scientist of that time. Or satellite communications. Or the scanning electron microscope. Or digital video editing! (Or video itself.)

Science has even sped up in the last few years, so that even a PhD scientist has to go to school more or less continuously to keep up with his own area of expertise!

Look forward another 500 or 1000 years (if mankind lasts that long) and just IMAGINE where this will lead! Who's to say we won't figure out time travel? I wouldn't want to bet money on it. (Because I'll be dead when I win. 8^( ).

Not at all, thankfully the majority of people roll their eyes at the absurdity and have a normal thinking brain.