My dad is moving a woman into the house soon and they are both trying to get me evicted. Is it legal for her to change the lock on the door?

Your dad - he doesn't have to evict you. Parents need only tell their (of legal age) children to move out by x date. His girlfriend is helping him make a home together. If he asked her to change the lock, she has every right to do it. I guess men are lazy in general. I do all of my husband's secretarial & social work too. Women do three times the work that men do.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
    • No

You are the dumbest most incompetent paralegal to ever walk the earth. Most trolls are not as consistently incorrect as you even when they try. Which is really sad, because I think you are trying to be serious.

Not legal unless they get you a key or complete the eviction.

• No

Boomer, you have no clue. You are clearly dumber than a box of rocks.

They can change the locks, but if you are a legal resident, they must go through the eviction process or provide you with a key. Otherwise, you can contact a locksmith and gain access with that way if necessary. The police will actually stand by to keep the peace if necessary.

Sure...and you get a key.

If they both want to evict you...find somewhere else to live...they will eventually be successful.

If you are a legal tenant, then they must provide a key until such time as you are actually evicted.

• y

Yes, say goodby, don't try to fight it, if old enough and don't see any options. Join the service, makes sure you sign up for whatever educational assistance program they offer now a days.

• David

Yes and so it's best for you to go and live with your mom or a relative.

You didn't say your age, or if you are on a rental agreement. If it's your Dad's house & you aren't a minor the locks can be changed; however, you have a legal right to get your things. Police sometimes show up to make sure there's no problem in getting your possessions.

Heart stops

You walk away

You're good today you're gone tommorow

• If it's your dad's property and he gives her permission to do so, then it's perfectly legal.