Anonymous

What are my thoughts on women who get into abusive relationships?

I don't feel sorry for women who are in violent abusive relationships because they bring it on themselves, and they bring their kids into the situation.

A lot of them are single mothers, they have kids from other men, and then they bring home these losers to be around their children.

I have no sympathy for these women..... NONE!!!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

I do feel sad for them to a large degree because women who constantly find themselves in abusive relationships lack any sense of self esteem and self worth. They think abusive men are the only type that will date them, so they remain stuck.

• Blue Sky
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Thank you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

So psychologically speaking most of these women in abusive relationships have a mental syndrome called Stockholm syndrome, most people don't really understand what this syndrome is and how these women start developing it, it all has to do with the fact that the abusers know how to manipulate them, control them, making them feel less, and that they are doing them a favor it's a really complex situation that most people don't understand unless you have studied it or been through it. Otherwise you will just judge from the outside. They don't really ask for your sympathy though.

• lila
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

What you don't seem to understand is that nobody purposely enters an abusive relationship. Abusive partners tend to be incredibly manipulative and persuasive. By the time the abuse starts, the victim is usually either too involved to just walk away so easily, or too afraid to. Yeah, of course they can walk away. But it's not always that easy.

So what are your thoughts on the men that are abusing these women?

• 1 year ago

No one has asked you to have sympathy for anyone at all, have they?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Wow... There's zero insight with this whole post.

Nobody "looks" for an abusive relationship. They chase that small trace of nice that they saw on the first meeting. When the abuse starts to surface, they brush it off and focus on the little nice things.

It's like the frog in the pot of water story. They get used to it and end up feeling trapped when it gets really bad.

• liz
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Your thoughts are that you don’t care. You may in fact be a robot

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Thanks for your thoughtless announcement. I think most of them are dependent on their abuser.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.