Why does my friend always make rude comments at me?

So I go to university and I have a group of friends. In my spare time I go ballet dancing and I love it and it’s my hobby. I am passionate about dancing and I like to upload photos and videos of myself dancing because I enjoy it. One of my friends is a gay guy. Every time I see him, he always has something to say... show more So I go to university and I have a group of friends. In my spare time I go ballet dancing and I love it and it’s my hobby. I am passionate about dancing and I like to upload photos and videos of myself dancing because I enjoy it.
One of my friends is a gay guy. Every time I see him, he always has something to say about my dancing, and it’s usually cynical or negative.

I am very passionate about what I do, but every time I see him he makes a snide comment about my dancing which makes me question myself.
He will tell me to stop dancing and hurting myself and to concentrate on something else, like yoga. He keeps sYing he wants to try yoga.

No one else takes as much interest in this as he does, because he always feels like he has something to mention. He also said to me one day ‘well it’s not like we all have the body to do ballet is it?’

He also makes bitchy comments at whatever I do and say but I keep noticing him constantly glancing at my body and looking at me during class and I find it annoying because I feel like he’s judging me.

He’s also given me bad advice and makes me feel rubbish about my own life. He told me not to date and to focus on myslef

It’s really hurting me, because I love doing what I do but his cynical comments and judgement make me feel self-conscious.

why does he keep feeling the need to comment on my hobby?