Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 year ago

Do you believe we are alone on Earth or is there extraterrestrial life?

• Favourite answer

We re certainly alone on this planet, although some animals have varying degrees of consciousness.

If you mean are we alone in the universe... well, as a matter of plain statistics, I think it s likely there s intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and probably in this galaxy.

The problem with statistics is that they re probabilistic, so the answer to your question is neither yes nor no, it s we don t know.

This is a perfect application for belief, actually. As it happens, I do believe that there are intelligent life forms elsewhere in the universe, and even in this galaxy. They haven t been here, of course -- chances are they don t know we re here any more than we know they re there.

Because it is a belief, of course, I do not assert that there in fact *are* ETIs because that would require being able to provide evidence that they do exist. Obviously, I don t have that proof, or I d be getting measured for my tux and learning a few words in Swedish for the Nobel ceremony later this year.

God is with us

For all the exoplanets within the 'Goldilocks' regions and numerous daily discoveries, if earth is the only planet with any life, an awful waste of space.

Sure, I think some form of life is very possible on such planets, but not one to believe in the UFO alien visits earth thing. Any intelligent life may be like us, waiting for the millions of years for any evidence to show up.

Think humans have only existed 6 million years, means any intelligence further than 6 million light years away can't possibly know humans exist.

I think all Terrestial life came from elsewhere

It had to, the conditions were just right for it to survive and Evolve

• goring

all biological life on earth is terrestial

Right now, it's all guesses and opinions... I think, in all the universe, the trillions of stars... at least a few will have planets with life on them - and, fewer still will have intelligence... but I think it's out there.

But - that could be wrong... We'll just have to wait and see. It's a question I doubt will be answered in my lifetime.

If there is one intelligent life species for each spiral galaxy, then there are ~400Billion intelligent races in the observable Universe. So, yes, there is extraterrestrial life.

It's very likely that there oohs life on other planets. But most planets will have only microbes. Intelligent technological life must be very rare. We could be the only space traveling civilization in existence.

i think only god knows, rnaybe you should ask hirn this question

• Paula
      1 year agoReport

I will ask god next time I see her.

I think it's possible that there is [or has been - or will be] extraterrestrial life on earth - but I don't think we'll ever know for sure. It would not be to their advantage to let us know. Perhaps they are hiding out.