Ladies, do women actually want her man to spend 3 months salary on an engagement ring?

For me, my salary for 3 months (net) is just over $10,000. Do you ladies even know how long it takes to save $10,000? It can take 1 year or longer. So do you actually want your man to spend that much on a ring, or would you rather that money goes toward a house or the wedding/honeymoon cost? Or would you... show more For me, my salary for 3 months (net) is just over $10,000. Do you ladies even know how long it takes to save $10,000? It can take 1 year or longer.

So do you actually want your man to spend that much on a ring, or would you rather that money goes toward a house or the wedding/honeymoon cost? Or would you rather have him spend like that and then a house will have to come many years later? But hey, you got a ring to brag to your girlfriends right?