Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 6 months ago

Is Sony the best electronics brand?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

It depends on what part of the brand are you talking about.

If you are taking about TVs, I would say it depends on the model. They make excellent high end TVs, however when you start falling down the model line the picture quality isn’t on par with some of the similar models from budget friendly TVs like TCL or VIZIO.

However, if you compare their high end LED to that of Samsung or LG... they each have their own pros and cons but Sony is usually better.

The same goes for their headphones, and other audio products. They make great high end products, but as you fall down the model line... it just doesn’t preform all that great. That’s not saying they aren’t a great brand, because if you fall down the model line of most companies you will see the same thing. However, Samsung this year seems to have taken a stronger stance on lower models not having features that the previously would have. Like edge lit local dimming on middle of the line models like Q6 or 8000 LED.

• 6 months ago

I don't think so

• 6 months ago

There is no way to address your question.

• khalil
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

sony uses a-1 parts ... i saw when i was a repairman

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

it's not imo

• 6 months ago

Sony is a good brand, but not the best.

Better brands that are relatively common include...

Harman/Kardon, Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, and Pioneer Elite.

NAD is a Very good brand you probably haven't heard of, but you should get familiar with it.

Stepping up significantly from the usual, you might look at Bryston, Parasound, Anthem,

Outlaw Audio, Emotiva, Audio Control, Krell, Sherbourne, Rotel, McIntosh, Cary Audio,

Marantz, Classe, Sunfire, Arcam, and Lexicon.

• 6 months agoReport

Yamaha doesn't have as much variety.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They were never the best with electronics but there was a time (80's up to the 2000's?) that they were the most popular brand. They were very good with TVs and camcorders. It took a tsunami to shake them up and falter. They're still a good and dependable brand though and it's clear they're yearning to get back to the top.

• 6 months ago

The answer is No! But there stereo amplifiers and better large screen TV perform near perfect in specifications and performance. Their shortwave receivers are not very good in their portable models.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

There is also Samsung/Vizio, ION, LG, Logitech, Kenwood, Pioneer, Bose, etc.

Sony is definetly in the top 20!

They have good speakers.

• spacemissing
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I listed 21 brands that are better than Sony, and that's far from all of them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.