Who invented the rules of dating? You know the whole don't text in 3 days, act uninterested and so on?

There are these unwritten rules to dating. For instance: Don’t text for three days. Don’t double text. Act uninterested. Play hard to get. If they show interest, they’re desperate. Who came up with these? And even if people say that they don't care, on some subconscious level they do follow them. If a... show more There are these unwritten rules to dating. For instance:

Don’t text for three days.
Don’t double text.
Act uninterested.
Play hard to get.
If they show interest, they’re desperate.

Who came up with these? And even if people say that they don't care, on some subconscious level they do follow them. If a girl gave me her number and we had a good date why shouldn't I contact her for three days? She gave me her number to contact her, right?

And why should I act uninterested? If someone acts uninterested in me, I’m going to assume they’re not interested. So, if I’m interested in a girl, why would I pretend otherwise? I’m not going to chase someone while they're unresponsive to my messages. And vice versa.

I just wished that people would stop with these games. I went on 2 dates with a girl 6 months ago. I didn't think we were right for each other so I called her and said, as nicely as I could, that I didn't think we clicked and shouldn't see each other anymore. She got PISSED! I asked if she would have preferred that I ghosted her. She said yes.

How is that preferable? I just don't get it.