Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 year ago

Horrible fear of physical intimacy?

I’m 17. I’ve had this thing with a guy for about five months now. We’ve kissed, hugged, cuddled, and kind of made out. We’ve talked about sex and I told him I’m very afraid and he said he understands and that we could try other things if I want to. And recently while we’ve cuddled in bed or on the couch he’s been touching my inner thighs and the sides of my chest. Anyway, I really like him and although his touch is comforting in a way it is also very scary to me. The other day he was touching me a little bit and then I suddenly got very sad and even after he had stopped I felt super depressed and self-conscious and I guess he could tell because I almost cried and he asked me if I was okay. I can’t tell exactly why I am so afraid. Might be because I don’t really like people feeling my body and I hate imagining anyone looking at it. I have issues with my self-image and I’m currently trying to combat an eating disorder. That might be it? Regardless of what it is, I am terribly frustrated by my fear. It invades my thoughts and it makes me cringe, if you know what I mean. Any advice? I feel like I should just talk to him about it. Would he think I’m dramatic?

Let's say you NEVER let him touch/feel you. he gets sexually frustrated and seeks out some other girl.

WHAT DOES THIS POSSIBILITY DO TO YOUR FEARS NOW??

• LizB

You don't have to do anything you don't want to, and you *are* allowed to tell him no. If you really like the guy and he likes you, then ask him to let you take the lead. It might give you more confidence to be the one who makes the first move (when you're ready), and if he's a good and respectful guy he'll be willing to take the passenger's seat.

thats gay