Horrible fear of physical intimacy?

I’m 17. I’ve had this thing with a guy for about five months now. We’ve kissed, hugged, cuddled, and kind of made out. We’ve talked about sex and I told him I’m very afraid and he said he understands and that we could try other things if I want to. And recently while we’ve cuddled in bed or on the couch he’s been... show more I’m 17. I’ve had this thing with a guy for about five months now. We’ve kissed, hugged, cuddled, and kind of made out. We’ve talked about sex and I told him I’m very afraid and he said he understands and that we could try other things if I want to. And recently while we’ve cuddled in bed or on the couch he’s been touching my inner thighs and the sides of my chest. Anyway, I really like him and although his touch is comforting in a way it is also very scary to me. The other day he was touching me a little bit and then I suddenly got very sad and even after he had stopped I felt super depressed and self-conscious and I guess he could tell because I almost cried and he asked me if I was okay. I can’t tell exactly why I am so afraid. Might be because I don’t really like people feeling my body and I hate imagining anyone looking at it. I have issues with my self-image and I’m currently trying to combat an eating disorder. That might be it? Regardless of what it is, I am terribly frustrated by my fear. It invades my thoughts and it makes me cringe, if you know what I mean. Any advice? I feel like I should just talk to him about it. Would he think I’m dramatic?
3 answers 3