How do I cope with my dad moving away with my step-family?

My parents divorced when I was 11, and I'm 17 now going into 12th grade. My dad met my step-mom when I was around 13, and got married when I was 15. She has two kids, now 19 and 16, and I have two younger siblings, ages 15 and 12. About two years ago they decided to move to Utah (from Colorado where I am)... show more My parents divorced when I was 11, and I'm 17 now going into 12th grade. My dad met my step-mom when I was around 13, and got married when I was 15. She has two kids, now 19 and 16, and I have two younger siblings, ages 15 and 12.
About two years ago they decided to move to Utah (from Colorado where I am) hoping for better jobs and to save money. They originally moved out there with plans to stay for a year. Now they're still there and have no plans to come back, even though they always say how much they wish they were closer. I do love my step-family, and they're great people, and I love my dad, but it's really hard feeling like he had a choice between me and my siblings and my step-family, and he chose them. I want him to be here to help me with school and come to my stuff I have, and just be my dad like he should, but I don't think it's ever going to happen before I go off to college.
I don't really know how to still keep a relationship with him when I only see him once every couple of months, especially as I only get busier. Anyone have similar situations they can share to help me figure out what to do or how to get over my feeling of abandonment? I know I'm lucky to have him still pretty near relatively speaking and to have such a nice step-family, but it's still really hard for me.