Why does my motorcycles battery keep blowing up?

Okay so I have 2001 gxsr 600 and I have had a slew of electrical problems. Recently my friend needed to use the bike because his car broke down. While he was riding he said it smelled like something died, then on the way home the bike shut off and was unresponsive. The battery exploded that smell was battery acid... show more Okay so I have 2001 gxsr 600 and I have had a slew of electrical problems. Recently my friend needed to use the bike because his car broke down. While he was riding he said it smelled like something died, then on the way home the bike shut off and was unresponsive. The battery exploded that smell was battery acid coming out of the battery. I get it back to my house and I find out the battery was ruined along with the ecu and 3 ignition coils. At the time I was running an old battery so I though that battery went bad and that’s what caused all of this. Well... I was wrong recently I replaced everything that was blow and the same exact something happened to me while I was riding. Now I think it’s a problem with my rectifier or my stator. What do you think is happening?
7 answers 7