How long do truancies last?

I m in 8th grade, and through middle school I ve had terrible attendance because I get sick frequently and have anxiety. This quarter and semester I ve had much better attendance and have been getting myself to school regularly, but the attendence office marked some of my absences as unexcused for whatever reason.... show more I m in 8th grade, and through middle school I ve had terrible attendance because I get sick frequently and have anxiety. This quarter and semester I ve had much better attendance and have been getting myself to school regularly, but the attendence office marked some of my absences as unexcused for whatever reason. I think I have 9 unexcused absences this year. Because of this, we ve gotten letters from my school saying I m habitually truant, and my parents need to schedule a meeting.

My parents were never able to, and tomorrow is the last day of school. Should I worry about this for when I m 16 and need to get my permit? Like, how long is the truancy on my record?