Libby asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

How can we get the cats to stop coming in our room at night?

When I’m at my boyfriends house, his cats come into the bedroom and jump on the bed or rummage around trying to find food EVERY NIGHT. And it’s very very annoying because I’m pregnant so I struggle to get to sleep anyway because often at night I’m nauseous, so if I wake up I find it hard to get back to sleep.

When the cats come in, my boyfriend doesn’t really stir so it’s always me that gets up to get them out of the room. It’s unfair but if I wake him up he moans about it so I just do it. How do we stop the cats from coming into our room?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

If only there was a thing usually made of solid wood, that is wide and tall, that opens and closes at your will? Too bad nothing like this has ever been invented. (Hint it’s a door, try closing it. If you have no door get one installed).

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

get a dog too run the cat out

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Obvious, but have you tried just keeping the door closed?

• 1 year ago

Negotiate with him/her. Come to a mutual agreement so that neither party is left disappointed ( you and the catto). XD

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Shut the door, gee that was easy. Also, there are small gifts laying in wait under the bed, also called turds.

• ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

if you shut the door on cats that are used to going where they please, the noise is unreal as they moan, whine, scratch at the door, thump, moan again, etc, etc, etc

• 1 year ago

Close the door.. Invest in a latch they cant open.

Or if the door opens inward, put something heavy in front of the door after you go to bed so they cant push it open

• Libby1 year agoReport

We have a huge heavy jar full of sweets that I can barely lift, I put that in front of the door and they still got in! Honestly it was so confusing idk how they opened it if I can barely lift it 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Shut them out of the room or fill their food dish before you go to bed. You don't have to get up to get them out of the room, just let them be.

• 1 year ago

Have you tried closing the door?

Lv 7
    1 year ago

Close the door!

• David
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Sleep in your own house with your boyfriend for a change.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.