Nephew is siding with friend over family - What should I do?

Yesterday I was driving home from shopping and I saw my nephew with his friend, (his friend was born here but his parents are from Mexico) I stopped the car to talk to my nephew and during our conversation his friend took a cell phone call and began speaking in Spanish, I was appalled, when the call ended I asked... show more Yesterday I was driving home from shopping and I saw my nephew with his friend, (his friend was born here but his parents are from Mexico) I stopped the car to talk to my nephew and during our conversation his friend took a cell phone call and began speaking in Spanish, I was appalled, when the call ended I asked him why he was speaking in his own language in front of me when I speak English, he said it was his Grandmother and she only speaks Spanish, I said that she should learn the language and then the little **** said it is none of my business what language his family speaks, I told my nephew to be a man and give him a punch and end the friendship and he said "No" I said "I am a woman and am frightened by a MAN speaking a foreign language in my presence as I have no idea what he is saying" my nephew said "I understood him perfectly well" I scoffed and told my nephew that he can't speak Spanish and apparently he can.

Now I am not a Trump supporter (as a feminist I hate him) but I still think if you come to America you should only speak English. My nephew is still friends with this man and told me I am in the wrong.

I have told the whole family about the incident and they are shocked too, his parents and siblings are saying he was sticking up for his friend and did the right thing!

What should I do?