Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 year ago

How is it I haven't been kicked off here, but I get kicked off Fb? Does this site have more freedom of speech than Fb?

Yes unfortunately, but don't take advantage of it

• Ben

No, because both sites have community guidelines we have to follow. There may or may not be a warning before you get kicked off, so try not to do something that could get you kicked off in the first place.

• mom

I got off FB five years ago and have never looked back. they block you for no reason. on yahoo answers, you have to be reported a lot to be kicked off or someone keeps reporting that person.

I don't do Facebook but there could be a link with less true supervision in Answers. Answers appears to rely on reporting by other members to remove offensive posts, but unfortunately that leaves it open to attack by petty minded trolls and their socks. Lost a lot of good contributors because of those.

I'm not familiar enough w/FB to know their rules. I prefer to keep my trolls here on Yahoo and watch them remove their answers after they've outed and embarrassed themselves.

People are suspended here all the time.

what may be lacking, is anyone caring enough to report every two bit troll here.

I was attacked daily for 3 straight years........really foul, offensive stuff.......and more often than not.....I saw dozens of "trusted" members answering the question........to get their 2 pts............but clearly, they didn't bother to report it........despite the clear violations.

Most of your "questions" are in Polls ans Surveys" category. That category accepts "questions" that would not get accepted in real categories.

• Jedi Jan
      1 year agoReport

Polls & Surveys is a "true" category, but one I find that leaves you less likely ro receive violation notices for "chat." I am unsure what you mean about not being able to see the category though.

• Daniel

There is no Freedom of Speech it does not Apply to Sites that have TOS Terms of Service that everyone has agreed to Follow

and the Reason why you have not been Kicked off here yet is Because Yahoo and Facebook Handle Violations Differently Yahoo will usually give you Chances Before they Kick you out Facebook does not give you a chance really they will just Delete you if you dont follow there TOS Terms of Service

• .

Facebook has actual behind the scenes moderation. This site relies only on the users, and apparently you don't post enough in categories that have plenty of users who are diligent about reporting violations.

It can, as long as you follow the rules..