Why do so many users on YA ask and answer questions anonomously, .?

yes i know, including me don't be calling hypocrit now please..

Serious answers if that's ok,

ty

• .

Some do it because they are trolling and don't want other users to see their YA identity.

Some do it to reduce other users stalking or harassing them.

Some do it because they are posting about a sensitive or controversial topic, and don't want other users to know their YA identity and negatively judging them when they post without using Anon.

big bad wolves called trolls

• mom

I have blocked some on here because they where rude and I notice even when I have them blocked, they can comment on my questions or if someone answers comment on their answer, so I hide who I am most of the time but not all the time

The feature was intially ***started*** because users like me, and others, who were the frequent target of trolls and stalkers, begged Yahoo for a way to deal with these psychotic pests.

Alas, what Yahoo came up with, was the Anonymous feature. A way for you to post........without anyone knowing who you were----so your stalkers couldn't see you or find you.

All well and good......but as Always, Yahoo fails to take into consideration that the TROLLS then also have the same powers.

So after about 3.5 SECONDS, trolls realized they could now just post harrassing questions about you, *anonymously* and stalk you to DEATH.

Thank you Yahoo........very helpful. (*heavy eye roll)

Just like when Yahoo thought they were "rewarding" Level 7's by giving them the question moving power............again, thinking the GOOD users would use this new super power for GOOD, for the **IMPROVEMENT*** of the site..............they once *again* failed to realize that Anonymous TROLLS would now ***also*** have the same super powers.

and it takes a troll about two weeks to point game a level 7 account from nothing.

so about 2.5 seconds after THAT rule went into effect.......my every POLITICAL question, was being moved to Rodents, and LGBT, and Make-Up, and Pondicherry, India, and other stupid categories, where they clearly did NOT belong.

Thank you again, Yahoo.

Perhaps, they should have given that power to actual level 7's, with like over 100,000 pts or something.

When I wasnr anonymous ppl would search my questions and say horrible things to me instead of answering the question they would judge me on my history .

Because the boi's & girls at Yahoo gave them that option when they redesigned the site. And from the looks of it, it's all gone to shite.

• Daniel

Some do it to Hide them self's and Troll other people around others do it because they want to Answer a Question but they dont want other people knowing it was them that Answered It

Y!A is already anonymous, so I guess folk choose the blue dot to be more anonymous than those who have avatars, probably because they have more deep fears of being caught.

• Kathy

They think that no one would find out who they really are.

Too many trolls.

I stay anonymous for one reason. Same person world comment on my answer. Blocking doesn't always work.

• mom
      1 year agoReport

I agree because I had asked a question and someone who I had blocked still was able to put an answer and not on someone's answer but a true answer. I reported them and yahoo did nothing. so sometimes I will answer and use anonymous