What's your opinion of women wearing burkas in America?

Is it okay for some creepy dude to force his wife run around town covered from head-to-toe in a black sack with holes for her feet and hands?

• RICK

As long as it doesn't cover their face I'm fine with it

I think it’s absolute stupidity and The idea of covering your identity is ridiculous. Might as well wear a ski mask and commit a crime. #disgrace

What's your opinion of women wearing 'Saris' in America?

US is filled with people of different countries, religions, castes, races etc. They all look best in their ways! And I am sure there is nothing wrong in wearing a burka in US. It is not an odd thing. :)

Their choice, until Alabama outlaws their right to choose.

They are not that advanced--yet.

There's be a lot less ugly people in sight.

• Mike L

I'm fine with it.

• Zack

I have no problem with that, as long as they show their face when required (ex: getting a driver's license photo, going past security, etc.). I don't see why other people have a problem.

• I don't care if they cover their hair.

Since the rest of us aren't allowed to cover our faces in public without police harassment, then neither should they be allowed to.

I think it should be illegal. Only one percent of Islamists want to kill all Americans. That is 16 million Islamists.

Their choice. But for drivers license or other picture ID they must show their faces. Covering their faces is cultural for some Muslim women, not a religious requirement.

• Goldy Aluminy
      1 year agoReport

There is actually one muslim group where the men are suppose to cover their hair but not the women, so yes, it is a cultural thing.