Do i need a GED if im only missing 0.5 of a high school credit?

Im 21 years old and want to start college but i don’t have a high school diploma. I went to talk to my highschool and they told me that all I was missing was half of an elective credit to have my diploma. Is there anything i can do to get that half credit or do i have to take the GED??

That sucks. I cant belive it comes down to such a small number.

• drip

Did you not know this back when you left high school.

Go back to your HS and ask what your options are.

They should let you make up that .5 credit somehow. Possibly through summer school but 21 is the oldest you can be in high school depending on when you turn 22 so it’s worth asking them.

online high school in your state?

Ask your school what would be required now to make up that half-credit. But chances are you need to go the GED route.

Yes you need a GED if you don’t have a high school diploma. I’d go talk with your high school and see what your next step is.

See if the school system has an "adult education program"if so, take that one class needed. It is always easier to get it done without switching schools/programs because the new school/program might have more requirements.

If they don't then look for an adult education program separate from your school system.

i think there are some programs out there

For people trying to get their diploma. Look up a few local college around your area and see if they offer the program, if not then just take the ged. I heard it was pretty the same thing, and the test is only 2 days I think. If you have gotten that far in high school you should be able to pass and then sign up for college classes this fall.

You could get a GED or you could go back to High School and get that 0.5 credit. Figuring you are now an "Adult" many school districts have programs you can take a class or two to get your diploma.

Of course the person you need to ask is the one you asked to find out you were missing the 0.5 credit...as they are the ones who can tell you what you need to do. \

that is up to the college you WANT to attend ......................