First time vegetarian advice?

I’m 15 and currently becoming a vegetarian. I love meat and vegetables are like my enemies. I’m becoming a vegetarian for many reasons. I really need some help on good vegetarian food brands/recipes for someone who loves meat, but wants to stop eating it. I got veggie chicken nuggets yesterday that I have yet to try. Anyway, any good vegetarian food brands/recipes? What I should and shouldn’t do? Etc..

There are no such thing as veggie chicken nuggets. They are either not chicken and therefor cannot be chicken nuggets or it is chicken and the labeling is then lying claiming it is veggie.

A good recipe can be found easily by a google search. Search Vegetarian meat stew.

Humans are herbivores so don’t worry

Source(s): Vegan , also you fucking animal abusers stop fucking eating pigs!!! , see I am so fucking vegan so kiss my vegan ass you fucking animal abusers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe realize we are omnivores who eat meat, and not totally vegetarians. In fact, a carnivore diet is much healthier than a vegetarian diet, by far

• Jane

Remember that when you eat vegetarian, you can eat carbs- rice, pasta, noodles etc. You can eat any vegetables and fruits ( fresh, canned, frozen). Any nuts, beans and lentils .Herbs and spices.Sugar, chocolate, cake and biscuits. Crisps, tortilla chips etc. Just check the ingredients, it's not hard..

Meat replacements can be really tasty, ready made or learning to use things like tofu..

When you get bored with chips, beans, baked potatoes and salad, learn to cook.

• Janet

You MAKE yourself eat vegetables. If you are motivated to be a vegetarian, and remind yourself when you eat of how good this is, eventually you will get used to vegetables and like them.

Stop buying artificial "meat" substitutes. They are factory made and NOT good for you. Avoid them.

Instead, learn to cook vegetarian meals that are tasty. It takes a lot more cooking to eat healthy as a vegetarian. And it is more fattening too.

You will need protein. 50g a day.

Eggs, nuts, cheese, tofu, soybeans and quinoa are all complete proteins. Eggs are high in cholesterol, as is cheese, so go easy on those. Nuts are very healthy, but only a small amount on any given day unless you are a naturally-skinny person.

You will also be eating rice with legumes for your protein (legumes = black beans, pinto beans, navy beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans/chickpeas, and lentils). THESE will be your MAIN source of protein.

Buy recipe books. Go to your local bookstore. I have "Spilling the Beans" and that book has some excellent recipes.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I go meatless at least 1-2 times a week. And my sister used to teach vegetarian nutrition.

• Wendigo

Here was a rebuttal of sorts.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20171006101450AAhIjCR

A welcome back in the comments, after very little activity for nearly two years

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190407131126AAEq4sb

Take it slow. Go for smaller portions of meat until you get the flavor of vegetables. Also your digestive system needs to adjust it's flora to better utilize your new diet.

After awhile (a few weeks to a few months) your tastebuds will awaken from their meat-induced coma, and you will start to notice all the wonderful flavors of vegetables.

See your choice as an adventure. The vegetarian world is now before you. Explore, enjoy. Don't expect miraculous health benefits any time soon. But the older you get, the more you will notice how much healthier you are than your few surviving carnivorous acquaintances.

• Wendigo

At Reductio, your account is relatively new, so I'll take that as a sign that you're still new to Yahoo Answers, or at least this subsection. Over the years, insults and even vulgar insults has been rife, in this section. Actually your statement is insulting as well, whether you see it or not.

• Thorn

Taste is for the most part habit. I haven't eating meat in 30 years and I can't even stand the smell of it.

You can learn to like vegetables and value their nutrition

This couple has a lot of good tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27fg9KxJ10

Youtube thumbnail

• Dimo

Oy Vey! WHY do you want to go vegetarian? AFAIK, the only reasons to go vegetarian is because of Religion, believing the lies of about what is done to food animals, or believing the lies of various diet gurus.

If you really do love your food, enjoy the flavor of meats, you will *NOT* accept the vegetarian fake meat.

• Star_of_Darkness

Yep. You have to have a lot of artificial suplments and more to be pass off as healthy as a vegan. Vegans are never realy healthy

linda mcartney does good veggie burgers, pastries and sausages (freezer aisle) if you're still eating cheese and not worried about fat in the pastry, chicago town 4 cheese pizza are cheap 2 packs in freezer, also microwaveable. tofu and soy protein are made by many brands into passable veggie foods, you can even get bacon in freezer section. falafels and hummus are two very nourishing veggie foods not pretending to be meat and good served with grated raw vegs which will be softer, tastier and easier to digest if veg are mixed together and then kept overnight in spoonful of apple cider vinegar. also steaming chopped vegs and then dousing with ground black pepper and fresh citrus juice changes taste substantially and you might find you like. try cucumber, courgettes and celery, celeriac in raw or cooked mixes and fresh or dried chilli flakes spice things up, and root ginger, mmmmmmmmmm with cooked lentils ideal balanced with white rice.

so long as you still eat the right kind of meat... you will be fine