Why does my husband buy his friends expensive things and food?

and get me very cheap and over due food? I’m very upset. He took one of his co worker who is girl out to eat. She likes sushi so he took her there and spend $200 for sushi and then a week later.. I told him I wanted sushi. He said it was too expensive. He suggested we eat McDonald’s instead. My birthday is coming... show more and get me very cheap and over due food? I’m very upset. He took one of his co worker who is girl out to eat. She likes sushi so he took her there and spend $200 for sushi and then a week later.. I told him I wanted sushi. He said it was too expensive. He suggested we eat McDonald’s instead. My birthday is coming up in two weeks. Every year.. every time he buy me a cake.. its always on sale or he would “forget” it was my bday. He bought his friend a custom cake and I noticed he bought her a ticket to a cruise but then when it comes to me.. I’m asking for too much?! I’ve been telling him for years that I wanted us to travel, go on a cruise.. do something. We have been all work and no play. I don’t expect him to get me anything or do anything for me but the thing that gets to me is.. he would always say.. “the amount of money you spend on someone is how much they’re worth to you” now I’m thinking.. does that mean I’m **** to him? am I not worthy enough for him? I’m never deserving enough for anything. Ugh it breaks my heart. Do you think Love is shown throw material things and money? Like if you really love and care about someone.. don’t you always buy them gifts and stuff? Thats what I see other husband’s/bf’s do for their woman and then my husband’s like forget about my bday. I don’t even think he realize I’m here. He walks past me, he doesn’t care and don’t talk to me. Yup! He doesn’t know I’m here:’(