What should I do?

I'm in the budget department at work and oversee other divisions' budgets. We recently launched a new system that tracks our financial data and its been a huge learning curve. As a result, accounting hasn't been able to close monthly periods on time and other divisions won't accept that as an... show more I'm in the budget department at work and oversee other divisions' budgets. We recently launched a new system that tracks our financial data and its been a huge learning curve. As a result, accounting hasn't been able to close monthly periods on time and other divisions won't accept that as an excuse. Our IT department is trying to make a case to extract the financial data themselves so that they can figure things out themselves. This makes no sense because their complaint is that they don't know their current spending so they are going to solve the issue by designing a system on their own (spend lots of money). However, when I told the IT people that the new system isn't the issue and there has been delays from accounting, they are now trying to change things around by stating that budget is intentionally hiding things to conceal things. IT claims they found discrepancies in some transactions (not sure how they figured that out and they won't tell me). I don't like where this is headed since they are basically accusing me of being part of a conspiracy that doesn't exist. One of the reasons for the discrepancies is that divisions have been charging their transactions incorrectly. Should I start looking for a new job?
1 answer 1