Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 months ago

I don't understand. There are people who DON'T like raisins in cookies? Oatmeal raisin cookies are DELICIOUS. Why would anyone...?

who liked grapes and/or raisins...not like raisins in COOKIES???

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I am one who doesn't like whole raisins in oatmeal cookies but I have had them with ground raisins and they were delicious. I would suggest to anyone who simply doesn't like biting into a raisin to try grinding them before putting them in cookie batter.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

My grandfather hated raisins, as does my brother. In any context. My grandfather said they reminded him of mouse turds. Go figure. Tastes are varied. I'm sure you dislike something other people think is yummy.

• denise
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

They dont like the sensation of biting into them, I'm the same with fruit bread / scones.

My homemade ones have currants or dried cranberries in them.

• 7 months ago

I used to never put raisins in cookies. I like them okay, but I preferred chocolate chips. Then I tried putting raisinets in my cookies. Best idea I ever had.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

I LOVE grapes but I HATE raisins even tho they’re basically dried up grapes. The texture and the flavor isn’t appealing to me, so I stick with classic chocolate chip cookies.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

They don't like grapes. I'm double browned, I'll put habaneros and serranos on everything but grapes have a tartness that feels like glass scraping the back of my throat and up my nose when people make me taste grapes to see if their dish is OK I have to spit it out, even if the dish is OK.

It comes down to receptors. Some people feel more or less XYZ because they have more ability to. There are actually little pockets in your brain that stick out, or hide in preparation for being assaulted. So you need more to get the same effect. It's how hot peppers and crack work.

• bubba
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

I dont like grapes , raisins or the cookie type , I do like wine

• 7 months ago

Everyone has different opinions.

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

You don't need to understand,just live and let live ok ?

• 7 months ago

Different people have different tastes in all matters and that is the way of the world designed by the Lord. So accept the difference Variety is the spice of life

• 7 months ago

Why do some people like Gin or beer? Personal preferences

Why do some people like chocolate and some do not...never understood that!

Why are there some people that use margarine and not butter...another mystery to me.

For some raisins are a texture thing. Personally I like raisins in Oatmeal Raisin cookies.

I will often use dried cranberries though along with some chocolate chips, now that makes a great cookie.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.