Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

What do you think about these findings that show women prefer male domination and degradation of women more than men actually like it?

This survey below demonstrates that women's primary sexual interest is *masochism*, and they prefer male dominance more than men actually like to dominate. Most of their fetishes involve receiving pain, humiliation, violence, "rape", and abusive acts towards themselves.

Men also prefer female dominance more than women like to dominate. However, men's fetishes are more focused on body parts, role play, social taboos, sex acts, bodily fluids, voyeurism, etc.

https://knowingless.com/2017/07/03/sexualtaboos/#j...

Why is it that women have such a strong sexual interest in sadism/masochism?

When will society begin to recognize that this is women's preferences and stop blaming all the degrading sex stuff on men? Most men do not prefer that, it is women by far that prefer it.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam D
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Studies that don't survey 100% of a population don't "demonstrate" anything. They can indicate things. But it is entirely possible that all this study indicates is that women who are into sadism/masochism are also much more likely to respond to online survey questions. See how that works? Statistics can be made to say whatever you want.

• Josh6 months agoReport

No, they cant. The only thing they say is that out of the women that answered it, most answered this way. All women will answer surveys. People use statistics unless it doesnt fit their argument and then they try to dismiss it.

• 6 months ago

I think, It's fake new

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well, first off, the sample size of respondents was only 2044 and they came from Reddit and Twitter so I wouldn't necessarily put a lot of faith in a "study" like that. It's hardly a peer reviewed study with safeguards in place to ensure its accuracy. In addition. the kinds of people who are prone to answer these types of internet studies are likely to be more open and experimental about sexuality than the average person. Also, there's not even any way to know for sure if the respondents were even honest about their gender. There are men who pose as women online and vice versa.

Even if we look at the actual findings, and hypothetically take them as representative of people as a whole, the study showed that men have an equal interest in being dominated by women as women have in being dominated by men - which would indicate that both males and females enjoy sexually submitting to the opposite gender. As for masochism, only around 3/10 females who answered the study actually said they have an interest in it according to the findings which is not exactly a majority.

Of course, there are women who DO enjoy male domination and degradation in the bedroom and who enjoy masochism or other similar fetishes, but even if they do like it, that doesn't translate to them wanting the same in the rest of an intimate relationship or in a broader sense. And there are also women who want to be submissive to a man in the entirety of their relationship. People are individuals and are complex in their needs and desires.

• xdesuehtx6 months agoReport

Women often cite their daily responsibility and decision making as being the reason why they're interested in sex of this sort, which suggests that it's some form of coping mechanism for them. Either quality is too much for them, or they feel guilty about it and are turning to sexual masochism.

• Fusion
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It's another finding that 10 years ago everyone knew was true and now it has somehow become a shocking discovery.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Fake News.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The point is I want you to dominate me in the bedroom but I still want a seat in the board room. To believe that what women want in bed is the way they want to be treated in public life is just ignorant.

• xdesuehtx6 months agoReport

Yeah, and it's disturbing. You want to get tied up and slapped around by a man? Something is not right in your mind, a hazard to your own health and safety. Maybe from some deep seeded guilt for being treated as equal to men in society?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Claiming women and men are in all ways equal is a feminist myth that does society no good. Women, overall want men who are dominant and who are providers, that’s reality.

This in no way should be construed as meaning women want to be taken advantage of, but there are gender roles both men and women prefer. It’s the denial of this that is causing problems.

• 6 months ago

Interesting but don’t confuse the consensual with the non consensual. I am an adult woman and I do love a man who will dominate and control me,I don’t know why I am like that but I am.

• 6 months ago

Women are strange creatures that can never be fully understood, they've evolved in environments where they never had to be logical or rational, as their lives were controlled by their fathers, brothers, husbands who would make rational decisions for them, they don't know how to be free, or how to make good decisions

So now they have all this freedom they've not evolved to cope with they are becoming mentally ill and making awful life choices that lead them down paths such as this

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.