Does anyone else find the burqa offensive?

Many Muslim women wear them to identify as belonging to Islam, and also to deflect sexual attention. In other words, if we men see them in their absolute profound beauty, so Muslims believe, we men will not be able to control ourselves.

Anyone else find the burqa offensive?

Actually, mooslime women wear it because they are incredibly ugly. Mooslime men do not want to see them because it would scare them to death. BTW, did you ever notice the fact that mooslime men don't want their girlfriends (ie goats) to hide their faces?

• Tai

I don't find it offensive in its own right, as different cultures have different views on what type and amount of clothing is appropriate, but I do find it sad and oppressive when women are forced to wear them. If you want to wear one because it's part of your religious/cultural tradition, then by all means do so, but it's not right to force it on them with threat of physical violence and/or legal action.

It's not just offensive. It's outrageous depersonalization, making woman 'units' instead of *persons*.

And I would be highly insulted by it if I were a man -- because of the implication that men are just beasts, incapable of any self-control.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

i do. i find it a violation of human rights and of what is intended to be natural. its misogynistic as well and undermines the capacity of a woman, treating them as objects.

I would think it would be offensive to men, since it's basically telling them that they're base, obsessed with sex, and slaves to their uncontrollable urges.

• Papa-G

what is offensive to me is men's pants below their hips and people wearing pajamas shopping.

All kinds of burqa should be offensive to any non moslem. The burqa is representative of submission to allah and sharia. The fate of all non moslems under sharia is dimmi.

... the burqa is an open advertisement of how they view everyone else who is non moslem.

I'm not attacked by them

Yes i definitely do................EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE::::It is also an open door for terrorists...

Think on this......

What would happen to a married orthodox Jewish woman wearing her Tichel , or a Christain Nun wearing her habit in Sandland? How long would she remain alive do you reckon?

In all honesty......

Whatsmore ..While in sandland I was ordered to guard some U.n. people delivering relief,and in the parcels with the food and water were feminine sanitary towels. for their womenfolk..

2 days after the U.n. had gone we resumed our patrols. Guess what came our way (and this is a hammer.....)

Walking toward us came an aged mullah with his donkey: He had a sanitary towel taped the leftside of his jaw in order to absorb the weeping ulcer he had under it....We asked him where he came from and where he was going..

He had just left a compound where there was a U.n. medical aid post which he refused to go too for medical help....

.NOW::: What about the woman the sanitary towel was destined for... When she began menstruation....???

That very clearly showed me how much they really care for their womenfolk eh..... It is also the entire truth.....

Per Mare Per Terram

• Nous

But protection from men is obviously important since so many Muslim men have been found guilty of grooming girls for sex, rape and sexual assault. There is also the very real problem that if a Muslim woman is raped her attacker goes free and she is sentenced to be stoned or lashed to death under Sharia Law for adultery!