Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 1 year ago

Home schooling or normal school?

What is better should I send my child to school or home school ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It is far better for a child to go to a normal school, to mix with their peers, to form friendships, to study together, to play sports, go on outings, all the normal things that a school child does, and should do.A man i know ( i knew his mother) was home schooled,and because the mother did not like going out he never went out either, at the age of 53, he had never worked, never had friends, had no family, no sisters, no brothers, his mother recently died, she was an only child,they found him dead last week, he had hanged himself, he left a note saying " i have had no life, cannot have one now, goodbye" this is an unusual case, but it is true, i felt so sad, what a waste of a life.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • cool
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Home school of course. Employers prefer home schooled children and they do better in terms of family outcomes too.

Social skills are a function of how healthy/happy a child is. You don't need to 'learn' social skills. You improve them by detoxing or changing your diet.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Why in the world would you ask this question of random strangers on yahoo answers?? Any form of education has its positives and negatives, but they’re individual. What you need to do research you options, then decide what’d work for you and your family

• Expat
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

As a parent that’s really up to you. What is your main motivation for not sending your child to regular school? Religious beliefs? Wanting to protect or prevent them from exposure to particular information, science or beliefs? Home schooling can be great but it also comes at a price to the child’s social skills development that may cause them problems in later life creating good interpersonal relationships with other people.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

home school is better for child

• Webbo
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Normal

• 1 year ago

Its honestly your decision! I feel like school would be a better hands on experience for children, as it lets them be more social and get to know more people in their community.

• 1 year ago

regular school because your child can find out about who they are and become whoever they'd like to be and the best way to do that is to learn about other kids cultures and interests. plus we are social beings, and a kid is likely to want to play and have friends to enjoy their time with. or you can go half and half, maybe home school for a certain amount of time, then public school. but always research the public school so you know it is safe for your child

• 1 year ago

I believe normal school because that way your child could interact with other kids by talking, playing, etc. He or she can make friends as well.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.