Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 6 months ago

Senior citizens, how often do you get a holiday? When you manage to have one do you go alone, with a partner, as part of a family or with or?

with a group of other senior citizens?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Best answer

I love my own home, humble though it is. I find planning to go away, the packing, booking transport etc. very harassing and traumatic on occasions. I haven't had a holiday of any description for well over a decade but, as I live fairly close to the sea and a beautiful country park I can have day trips to these places and don't need to book in advance. I just take advantage of a nice day and use my free bus pass on public transport and go where I want. If I don't feel well on the morning I intended to have a trip I lose nothing by not going because nothing was booked or paid for.

• 6 months ago

To be honest, I'd rather stay home. Air travel just isn't worth the hassle and expense. When travel is necessary, mostly for marriages and funerals, I always go with my wife and we always drive. I haven't been to an airport since the government started treating paying passengers like criminals.

• 6 months ago

no longer events in my life, but last ones were thoroughly enjoyed pleasing myself solo.

• Piero
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I quit celebrating religious holidays, when they became secular, and money sources for the ultra rich. I celebrate the equinoxes and the solstices. I celebrate them quietly, with an increasing number of like minded people. Retirement is very near a holiday. Retired in 1996.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I've been on Holiday for 3 years.

What part of RETIRED do you not understand

• Ritaah
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Retirement is not necessarily like permanent holiday. There is a saying "Men retire but women expire." and that seems just about how it is with many couples and the reason is that the man retires and spends his retirement doing just what HE wishes whilst the wife continues to shop, cook, clean,etc.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I haven't had a real holiday for about 25 years. With family living a very long way from my home my holiday time has had to be taken up visiting them. They can't put me up and I can't put them up so it's expensive paying for bed and breakfast plus travelling costs. When our children were small we could only afford caravan holidays but I cannot even have those these days as I now live alone and am too frail to travel anywhere more than a short ride away. I no longer drive but hope to have a day trip soon to a beach - just to smell the sea air but I can reach the nearest seaside by service bus as it's only 50 minutes drive away. On a day when I feel fit enough I will get that bus and reach the beach - even if it's for the last time.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Every day now.

• 6 months ago

3 times a year with daughter

• David
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Often and with my little sweet gold digger who calls me her sugar daddy.

• 6 months ago

I am from UK and almost a senior citizen at 62 years old and I get a 2 week summer holiday every year with partner.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.