Best Friend Help?

I'm an introvert and like to keep a few people I keep really close. But there is one friend I have who I am closer with and always enjoy being around and consider him that person my best friend. How do I find out if I'm his best friend too? Should I just ask? Or would you find it weird or annoying.

Thanks

Don't ask, just figure out how strong your friendship is by experiencing it.

• Nancy

First, why do you need the label? Can't you just let your friendship be what it is? It's not just weird but emotionally manipulative to try and corner your closest friend into a position where he's got to decide a pecking order for his friends, so much so that it could make him decide you're not as good a friend as he thought.

Second, you know him, so you should know where you stand with him. If he really is your best friend, then you should already know the answer to the question without asking. Having to ask makes me doubt how good a friend you are to him, how well you really know him by paying attention to him and knowing who he likes and who doesn't like and how well. Wanting to ask, well that makes you kind of needy and pathetic and, like I said before, emotionally manipulative.