People on the left keep calling me a bigoted homophobic because I'm Roman Catholic, even though I love gay people. What should I do?

Perhaps you should meet some new people.

• Chris

Fight HARD for Dignity.

• reme_1

Regretfully you belong to a group who preaches that being gay is a sin. It's kind of hard to separate the good from the bad.

Many catholics are pro lgbt. If you are for gay rights - great. Just say that.

I really don’t see an issue here. I’m an out gay catholic. The church wants lgbt in the fold. Its not like some other churches where they don’t even want lgbt in the building. There is a group called dignity usa which is a group of lgbt catholics trying to advance gay rights in the church.

Source(s): Out gay catholic
  • Tyler

You could try to clarify that you're not homophobic to them, and denounce homophobic Christians; they might be making assumptions and jumping to negative conclusions.

If they still give you issues over it, I guess I'd just suggest no longer speaking to them if possible.

• Dr. D

If you love gay people and have gay friends then they have no basis for calling you homophobic. They are calling your church "homophobic". For the most part, they reflect a misunderstanding of the position of the church. For more information check this link: https://www.hrc.org/resources/stances-of-faiths-on...