Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 year ago

Should I stop talking to her?

I’ve been chatting with this girl online. Like sex chatting. She is from another country however but I’m starting to really like her. I’m 18 and she is 22 but I don’t know what to do. Should I cut it off before I get more feelings for her or vice versa?

• Janet

Stop it now.

Before your fantasy starts to turn into a delusion.

You can only "know" someone 10% across social media, since 90% of the content comes from signals we can only pick up on when together in person.

And in this case, it is the sex you are "liking".

You cannot actually LIKE someone until you start to know them, and you cannot know her across online/media.

You have no future with her.

You don't even know if you would LIKE her if you ever met her in person.

And she might be an obese 55 year old woman who is just scamming you.

The more you become addicted to her, the more miserable (and perhaps mentally-ill) you will become.

Stop trying to fulfill your social/sexual needs over media. This never works. And in fact, since you cannot relate fully on media, that is why clinical depression is so much more prevalent among people who spend too much time on social media.

Get out and meet people. REAL interactions.

Keep chatting with her - so what if you have feelings, you're human. Do what you want to and let no one stop you. You've got one life, you don't want to waste it not doing things you don't love.

My youtube channel is iarenp. Please subscribe.

• Kaylee

Well just think that could be a guy or someone that isn’t that Person behind that account and that could potentially very dangerous. Could be someone way younger than 22. My personal opinion if they’re going online and meeting strangers and chatting with strangers for sex, it’s probably not a good situation.