My wife called our daughter a $lut when we were discussing her. This isn’t the first time she’s said this either. Should I just divorce?

Our daughter is 26 and she walked out two nights ago after telling my wife she was done being abused mentally, physically, and physically.she told my wife she was done being her punching bag and would live in a homeless shelter if she needed to. My wife is and always was extremely controlling. She even tries to... show more Our daughter is 26 and she walked out two nights ago after telling my wife she was done being abused mentally, physically, and physically.she told my wife she was done being her punching bag and would live in a homeless shelter if she needed to. My wife is and always was extremely controlling. She even tries to control me and the boys but it’s worse with our daughter. When my daughter was 14 my wife choked her because she didn’t like something she was doing . I can’t remenber the exact reason. And my wife says that my daughter only likes me because I don’t say a whole lot to her and that I’m laid back. I tell her a few things but for the most part I’m not about to scream and curse and degrade and beat her like my wife does. I told my wife “ me and you are not the same. I’m not going to call my own daughter a $ut. When I discussed the problems with my wife with yahoo before a lot of people were saying that my wife feels like my daughter is the “ other woman” and I kind of see it now because my wife gets in a rage whenever my daughter cooks for me but she refuses to cook. Our daughter blew up the other night about how much pain she was in and how she couldn’t take it anymore and how she Didn’t deserve this. The other time she called our daughter a $lut was when she went on a vacation with her boyfriend and the vacation was only two days. She allowed our son to go all over the world with his girlfriend but refuses to let her daughter go anywhere with the boyfriend.