edward
Lv 7
edward asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Minimum pay raise?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Only if you want to put people out of work. I go into McDonalds and see places where I can put in my own orders; now why do you think that happened?

• Times
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

I guess

• 1 year ago

It screws everyone.

If your min wage went from $7/hr to $12/hr, how do you think the companies are going to get the extra money to pay for your raise. By hiking the prices. So instead of paying $3 for a carton of eggs, you’re paying $3.50. Now spread that across everything that you buy. You’re still not saving more money. Your salary increased but you’re paying more for things.

What it screws are the people that makes above minimum wage. They’re still getting the same salary but they’re paying more for things.

• 1 year ago

•2019 Minimum Wage. Alabama. $7.25 (Federal, no state minimum) $7.25 (Federal, no state minimum) Alaska. $9.84. $9.89. Arizona. $10.50. $11.00. Arkansas. $8.50. $9.25. California. $11.00* $12.00*

The rest of the states don't have one.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

We offer $15 minimum at our job with healthcare, three week vacation and 1 year full pay maternity leave. We encourage two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch break.

• 1 year ago

Five cents an hour. Happy now?

• jimm
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Get rid of it.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Sure. Why not put MORE people out of work

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.