edward
edward asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Minimum pay raise?

Only if you want to put people out of work. I go into McDonalds and see places where I can put in my own orders; now why do you think that happened?

• Times

I guess

It screws everyone.

If your min wage went from $7/hr to $12/hr, how do you think the companies are going to get the extra money to pay for your raise. By hiking the prices. So instead of paying $3 for a carton of eggs, you’re paying $3.50. Now spread that across everything that you buy. You’re still not saving more money. Your salary increased but you’re paying more for things.

What it screws are the people that makes above minimum wage. They’re still getting the same salary but they’re paying more for things.

•2019 Minimum Wage. Alabama. $7.25 (Federal, no state minimum) $7.25 (Federal, no state minimum) Alaska. $9.84. $9.89. Arizona. $10.50. $11.00. Arkansas. $8.50. $9.25. California. $11.00* $12.00*

The rest of the states don't have one.

We offer $15 minimum at our job with healthcare, three week vacation and 1 year full pay maternity leave. We encourage two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch break.

Five cents an hour. Happy now?

• jimm

Get rid of it.

Sure. Why not put MORE people out of work