Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

are schools legally allowed to keep pictures of you up on the school website/pages?

there is a horrible picture of me on my school's instagram page. I really want to ask them to take it down but im scared that they will say ''no you look fine'' and just forget about it. are they legally allowed to keep the picture up? Im pretty sure my mum signed something that says they can take/post pictures of me but if I ask them are they allowed to keep it up?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Depends on where in the world you are and how old you are. But if your mum signed the release form, then you likely don't have a legal option. You can always ask, though.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

You can REQUEST they take down the photo. I am 100% certain someone legally authorized to grant consent signed a legally binding document granting consent for such photos.

Your Anonymous answer to your own question is PURE BS.

Note: It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to decide to start homeschooling yourself. That is ENTIRELY the parent's choice.

Lv 7
    1 year ago

Talk to your parents first instead of random strangers on the internet. Your parents might've signed a release form without your knowledge.

• Jon
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It would help to know where in the world you are, as laws vary.

If your parents have agreed to this then the school probably have the legal right to do it, but they might still take the picture down if you explain that you do not like it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

They will replace your photo with a black silhouette, which will have the word 'REMOVED' stamped across it.

Everybody who looks at the year-book will assume you have been expunged as a result of some depraved crime.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.