Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 year ago

How should I react??

My close friend gave me a pair of earings on my 17th b'day, but I realised it had a deformity and that it was a used gift she wore to several different occasions. It isn't gold or anything with sentimental value, it's only a $10 earring she'd been wearing for a few months. She's rich and always presents her friends with expensive gifts so feel quite upset.

I gave her an expensive gift for her b'day last month though :(

The question isn't about expensive or cheap, it's a used gift (especially used earings) so does she really consider me as close/important as I consider her?

Everyone has received gifts they don't like or want. Accept it and remember this next time you go shopping for your friend's birthday.

• Steve

Pleased. “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.”

So you judge your friends by the expense of the gifts they give to you? Perhaps that's why you got something cheap from this woman. Perhaps she doesn't consider you a proper friend.

• Mermaid1 year agoReport

She's talking about used vs new giftswhat r u on about?

Just be grateful she gave you anything at all. It isn’t like she charged you money for it.